CHOCOLATE CHIP WALNUT BROWNIES
I often get cravings for chocolate and my treat of choice to satisfy my taste buds is usually brownies. I love making brownies with melted chocolate. Of course, the better the quality of chocolate you use the better quality of brownies you’ll get. I enjoy making my one bowl brownie recipes because it quick and easy. Not a lot of prep goes into it; really simple. I did toast the walnuts first. Now you don’t have toast the walnuts but I like to do that because I like the Smokey Nutty flavor. It’s such a great snack to have and you can top it with extra nuts, flakes of sea salt or enjoy with your favorite scoop of ice cream.
Yields: 10-12 Prep Time: 10mins Cook Time: 30mins
1 cup butter (unsalted)
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup A.P. flour
1 cup walnut halves
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Add butter to microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, until melted.
3. Grease or line a 9 x 9 or 9 x 13 baking pan and reserve to the side for later.
4. In a bowl or kitchen Aid mixing bowl on medium add sugars, eggs, melted butter and vanilla, mix or stir to combine.
5. Add in flour, cocoa powder baking powder and salt stir to combine.
6. Add in your chocolate chips and walnuts and gently fold into your batter using a spatula. Try not to overwork the batter.
7. Pour or spread into your lined or grease baking pan.
8. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until center is set.
9. Cool on baking rack before serving.