GARLIC BUTTER LEMON CHICKEN!
Updated: Jan 13, 2021
Its Savory and tasty. An easy, creamy weeknight - friendly family recipe for chicken breasts cooked in a tasty creamy lemon garlic butter sauce. I like to serve mines over pasta most nights.
Yield: 4 Servings Time: 30 Minutes
4 Boneless, Skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds total)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp chicken bouillon
1 tbsp olive oil
5 garlic gloves, minced
3 tbsp butter, unsalted
2 tbsp A.P Flour
1 cup half/half or heavy cream
½ cup chicken stock
Juice of 1 large lemon, (3-4 tbsp)
2 tbsp fresh parsley flakes, chopped
1 large lemon, sliced
1. Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Add seasonings to your chicken both sides to coat generously.
2. Heat the oil in a 10-inch or larger skillet over medium -high until oil is shimmering.
3. Working in batched, add in chicken and sear on both sides until deeply browned on the bottom, 6 to 7 minutes.
4. Once browned on both sides, transfer chicken to a plate or rack and set aside.
5. Reduce the heat to medium and add the butter. When melted, add in garlic and toasted lightly until soften about 1 minute. Add the flour, stir to evenly coat the garlic. Stir for 1 minute.
6. Stir in the half/half or heavy cream and stock, keep stirring until no lumps from the flour remains, making sure to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil.
7. Reduce the heat to a simmer and return the chicken back to the pan continue to simmer until the sauce thickened enough that it coats through about 3 -4 minutes. Stir the lemon juice into the sauce.
8. Garnish with parsley and lemon slices.