This shrimp fried rice dish is delish. It’s made with fresh shrimp, peas, carrots, corn, onions, scallions, celery and some tasty sauces. It’s a classic one pan dish that will be ready to serve on your dinner table in 30 minutes. I wasn’t always too crazy about eating rice at times but I love this dish because its not dry. I'm not a fan of dry rice. The seasonings and sauces keep this dish tasty, and moist. The secret to making great fried rice is to use leftover rice that has already been chilling in the fridge or chilled rice after freshly cooked. Fresh rice will get mushy if used right away.
You can pretty much find this dish in any Asian restaurant due to it being so popular! It's super easy, quick to make, and it's taste great. And I don’t have to remind you that IT’S BUDGET- FRIENDLY because everything goes in one pan. 😉
Yields: 5 Prep Time: 20mins Cook Time: 30mins
1 pound of shrimp (peeled, deveined, tail-off)
2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
1 scallion (sliced)
1 yellow onion (small diced)
1 celery stalk (small diced)
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. onion powder
1 tbsp. seafood seasoning
4 tbsps. olive oil
2 tbsps. hoisin sauce
1 cup carrots and peas (diced)
1 cup of frozen corn
4 tbsps. soy sauce (low sodium)
4 garlic cloves (minced)
2 tbsps. sesame oil
Bowl of chilled leftover rice (white or brown)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Put cooked rice in fridge for 30 minutes so it can get cold until ready to add.
2. Place a large non stick-skillet or wok over medium heat. Add in 3 tbsps. of olive oil.
3. In a medium bowl add in shrimp, olive oil, and all seasonings. Give it a toss to coat the shrimp.
3. Add shrimp to skillet or wok and cook until done on both sides (about 5 to 10 mins)
4. Remove shrimp and reserve to the side for later.
5. In the same pan, add in your garlic, onions, celery and cook until soften (no color and not burnt). Then add in some scallions (reserve some for topping later). Add in peas, carrots and corn. Cook to combine, tossing frequently with a spatula or spoon to combine.
6. Remove rice from fridge and add it into the pan. Continue to cook and toss everything to combine and heated well.
7. Push rice mix away from the center creating an opening in the center. Add a tbsp. of olive oil. Then add in your eggs. Allow it to cured a little then scramble it. Continue to mix eggs and toss and combine with rice mixture.
8. Add in soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame oil and give it a toss to combine.
9. Add Shrimp back into pan and give it a toss to combine.
10. Top with your extra scallions and serve!