When I think about roasted chicken my mouth waters and I love making it. It's a great dish for just one person or for an entire family. This garlic herb butter roasted chicken is so easy, yet so flavorful with a crispy golden skin, juicy meat, and a variety of herbs, butter, lemon and garlic. This recipe is flexible, it can go with almost anything so it won’t be hard at all to pair it with different sides. You can also shred the chicken and use it throughout the week for salads, soups, and sandwiches. It just takes a little over an hour to have this deliciousness at your DINNER table!
Yields: 8 Prep Time: 20mins Cook Time: 1 hr. 40 mins
1 Chicken (Whole About 4-6 pounds with giblets, and neck removed from the cavity)
¼ cup butter (unsalted, melted)
4 tbsps. Olive oil
1 lemon (zested and juiced)
1 lemon (sliced or quartered)
4 tbsps. Butter (unsalted, room temp)
2 tbsps. Fresh parsley (chopped)
1 tbsp fresh rosemary (chopped)
1 tsp thyme (chopped)
3 garlic cloves (minced)
3 garlic cloves (whole)
6 sprigs fresh rosemary
3 sprigs fresh thyme
1 tbsp fresh sage (chopped)
3 bay leaves
1 tbsp chicken bouillon mix
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp sazon Goya (coriander & annatto mix)
Salt and ground pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Lightly grease or line a roasting pan with rack and set aside.
3. Clean the chicken, rinse the chicken with vinegar and squeezed lemon or lime juice in your over the sink strainer under cold running water. Rinse all around the chicken and inside the cavity. Remove any access fat and/or leftover feathers. Pat dry with paper towels.
4. In a small bowl combine olive oil, melted butter, and lemon juice, stir well. Place the chicken on a clean cutting board or into the prepared pan and pour the butter mixture over the chicken. Use your hands to get it under the skin and inside the cavity.
5. Season chicken liberally with salt and pepper and all other seasonings you are using inside and out. Sprinkle with parsley.
6. In a medium bowl combine the 4 tablespoons of butter with the chopped thyme, lemon zest, and minced garlic stir to combine. Add Paprika too if you want to use it.
7. Stuff the chicken with the rosemary sprigs, fresh thyme sprigs, 3 garlic cloves, peppercorns, and the quartered or sliced lemons. Truss the chicken or tie the legs together with kitchen string.
1. Place the chicken breast side up into your prepared roasting pan with or without baking rack and roast for 1 hour and 25 mins or until you’ve reached an internal temp of 165-degree F. Baste halfway through cooking, and roast the chicken until juices run when it is pierced with thermometer.
2. Baste again when the chicken is done roasting, then turn on the broiler and broil for about 2-3 mins if it’s not already nice, crispy and golden.
3. Remove from the oven, cover with foil and allow to rest for 10-15 mins before carving & serving.
4. Use the pan juices to drizzle them over the chicken.
5. Serve with your favorite side dishes. YUMMY!