Updated: Jan 12, 2021
A 30 minute pepper steak stir-fry that melts in your mouth. This pepper steak stir-fry is a combination of sauteed bell peppers in the most amazing savory-sweet sauce! There's nothing better than a delicious dish thats easy to make. This pepper steak stir fry is a restaurant quality meal made in the comfort of your own home. You’ll love this pepper steak stir-fry dinner. Add it along side some white rice to complete the meal and dinner is ready!
Yields 4 Prep 15mins Cook 30mins
1 ¼ lbs Flank Steak or Skirt Steak (sliced)
1 tsp ginger (minced)
1 tbsp fresh garlic (minced)
1 onion (saute slices)
1 green bell pepper (roughly chopped)
1 red bell pepper (roughly Chopped)
1 orange bell pepper (roughly chopped)
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup beef broth or stock
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp sesame oil
4 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp of unsalted butter
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tbsp scallions (sliced)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat wok or skillet on medium heat.
2. In small bowl combine: cornstarch soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, brown sugar then whisk together.
3. In heated skillet add olive oil and then add in your steak. Add in all your seasonings cook steak until done then remove from pan and reserve to the side.
4. In the same pan add in butter and let it melt. Add in bell peppers, onions, and cook unitl soften but not browned.
5. Add in your garlic and ginger combine with peppers and onions. Add steak back to the pan and continue to cook.
7. Add in beef stock, all sauces and cornstarch mixture, give it a toss and continue to cook to combine everything together.
8. Top with sliced scallions.